• Stop by our Storefront!
  • 2716 Dawson Ave. Signal Hill, CA 90755
  • 888-993-7552 (US) // 562-981-6800

Thread: Ciao belli :)

[OP] Junior Member

Ciao belli :)

Hi, I'm Giacomo from Monza, Italy. I' 34 and I'm an engineer.
    I don't have any Fiat but in my family we have a 2013 500c and a Punto.
    Last time I was in the US it was in 2008, but I went for 3 summers in a Summer Camp in Winsconsin and Michigan when I was 11-12-13.
    I really enjoy American frienship.
    Thanks for accepting me

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by GiacomoRS View Post
    Hi, I'm Giacomo from Monza, Italy. I' 34 and I'm an engineer.
    I don't have any Fiat but in my family we have a 2013 500c and a Punto.
    Last time I was in the US it was in 2008, but I went for 3 summers in a Summer Camp in Winsconsin and Michigan when I was 11-12-13.
    I really enjoy American frienship.
    Thanks for accepting me
    GiacomoRS,

Welcome to the forum! Both 500c and Punto are great cars! Its unfortunate we don't get the Punto here in the USA. But it's great to see others from across the world be part of the forum and sharing! If you have any questions please feel free to ask!
    Check out www.500madness.com for the largest selection of Fiat 500 Parts and Accessories in stock at the lowest prices. We service, customize and modify! Give us a call at 562-981-6800.

[OP] Junior Member

thank you for welcome I think you better enjoy the 500 than the Punto down there. It feels more Italian traditional, like Pizza and Spaghetti.

Administrator

thank you for welcome I think you better enjoy the 500 than the Punto down there. It feels more Italian traditional, like Pizza and Spaghetti.
    You are welcome! That's good to know. I personally have never seen a Punto in person. But that is good to know. Do you have any photos of your cars?
    Check out www.500madness.com for the largest selection of Fiat 500 Parts and Accessories in stock at the lowest prices. We service, customize and modify! Give us a call at 562-981-6800.

[OP] Junior Member

well, now I have a fast pic of the 500c, made yesterday.

The Punto is at my mother's house, I will upload it later on.

Other cars I have are not Fiat, they're a BMW M3 e46, M1.35 and an old Vw bug.

Which transmission do you mostly use the 500 down there in the US? Manual or Automatic? Or both?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6719.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	195.2 KB 
ID:	2283  

Administrator

well, now I have a fast pic of the 500c, made yesterday.

The Punto is at my mother's house, I will upload it later on.

Other cars I have are not Fiat, they're a BMW M3 e46, M1.35 and an old Vw bug.

Which transmission do you mostly use the 500 down there in the US? Manual or Automatic? Or both?
    Very nice looking FIAT! Your list of cars is awesome! The M135 is an amazing machine! Thank You for sharing. I believe there are more manuals in the USA than there is automatics because the automatic wasn't introduced until 2012 I believe. We have both now though. Is manual or automatic more common where you live?

[OP] Junior Member

Here is the Mum's Punto.

90% Fiat are manual. They're for middle class empty pocket people.

Up to early 2000s almost nobody in Italy had automatic gearbox cars, people were old minded.

After 2000, year by year traffic in bigger cities became mad, auto-gearboxes improved, so people change mind.

But the middle class with empty pocket man still buys manual to save that 1000-2000 .

Also petrolheads are hard to get used to autos. They keep going manual up to when their left knee, passed 30-35, begin to hurt.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6720.JPG 
Views:	2 
Size:	138.2 KB 
ID:	2287   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6721.jpg 
Size:	71.0 KB 
ID:	2288   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6722.JPG 
Size:	156.7 KB 
ID:	2289  

Administrator

Here is the Mum's Punto.

90% Fiat are manual. They're for middle class empty pocket people.

Up to early 2000s almost nobody in Italy had automatic gearbox cars, people were old minded.

After 2000, year by year traffic in bigger cities became mad, auto-gearboxes improved, so people change mind.

But the middle class with empty pocket man still buys manual to save that 1000-2000 €.

Also petrolheads are hard to get used to autos. They keep going manual up to when their left knee, passed 30-35, begin to hurt.
    Nice punto! Thanks for that information. I was not aware of that. Manual is just great in every way so that is understandable. But its really good to know that people can purchase automatics while having these great cars. Hopefully we see you on here more.

[OP] Junior Member

I don't have my own Abarth yet, so I don't have the need and the chance to make mods as I'm used to do on all my cars.
    Probably I'll get one by the end of this year and I'll be more present in forums.

Can I advert the steering wheel spacer in the market section?

Administrator

I don't have my own Abarth yet, so I don't have the need and the chance to make mods as I'm used to do on all my cars.
    Probably I'll get one by the end of this year and I'll be more present in forums.

Can I advert the steering wheel spacer in the market section?
    Well once you do get your own Abarth wed love to see what you do to it! We have sent you a pm as well.